Road 2 CA

I got an email last night telling me that 'Wait' and 'Miss Baltimore' have been accepted to Road 2 CA. I am so excited. Now I have to look into making them some shipping boxes.

If any of you are going to go would you be able to take pictures of them for me? I would love to have a record of their travels, but there is no way I can go with them

Ferret

Thanks Cheryl, that would be great. I will try and set an alarm here to remind me to remind you. I find it quite hard to keep track of when shows are open when I am not at them.

I am so excited, I really didn't expect to get in but I kinda thought that I should get the failing out of the way so next time I would get in. It made sense to me :)

Ferret

Ferret,

That's great news, that your quilts got accepted.

I'm in with my two quilts, too.

Cheryl and Vicki, while you'll have your cameras out, would you consider looking for my quilts, too? Mine are Trinity and Kaleidoscope Twist. You can find pictures of both on my website (under English -> Contests).

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Birgit

Congratulations, Ferret, Birgit and everybody else who got quilts accepted in the Road to California judging. It IS very exciting, but a little scarey---sort of like sending your children out into the world. But, I'm here to tell you, there's no more exhilarating feeling in the world than to come around the corner at a quilt show and see your quilt hanging there!! So, if you have the opportunity to go to a show where your quilts will be, do everything you can to get there!

Marilyn and I have two quilts there, also, Yellow Bird and Floradora. Marilyn will be there, but George and I will not---bummer!

Claudia C.

Guest Linda S

What category did you gals get your quilts accepted to? While mine is a very traditional-type quilt, I've been accepted to the Innovative Wall quilt category. I'm afraid I haven't a prayer of winning anything in that category. Is that where your quilts are also?

Linda

Hi Linda,

Congratulations to you, too! Sorry I wrote, yesterday without reading all of the posts. Your quilt, Clara, is very beautiful. Innovative seems a strange category for it, though, it looks like a wholecloth---isn't it? Did you enter it there? Our two are in Traditional Large and Wall. Truthfully, I don't remember if that is where I entered them. I know I'm supposed to be efficient and make copies of all my entries, but I'm usually so happy to get them in the mail, I don't get to it.

Claudia C.

Archived