Explain Line Dancing Please

Hi again! When you are stitching CC's, the secret is to end where you begin, hitting every seam intersection as you progress--and not dead-end yourself if at all possible.

Dawn had a great article in Unlimited Possibilities a few years ago and said to imagine the blocks with walls, ceiling, and floor so you can visualize where to go next. There are many and varied pathways and you will find the one you like best.

If you start at the upper left corner of a block and want to travel to the right, stitch ceiling, down wall, up wall, ceiling all across to the last block with the needle in the bottom of the last wall. Then stitch back floor, floor, floor until you get to the far left bottom corner. Do not stitch back up the wall to your starting point unless you are done with the CC's. Next, ceiling, wall, wall, ceiling all across and floor, floor back. When you have stitched all the blocks in the field, and are at the left bottom seam intersection, stitch up wall, wall, wall until you are back at your starting spot.

If you are CC-ing a block with many pieces and/or with triangles, I have trained myself to start in one corner and CC all the outside seams, catching any intersecting seam wall down/up as I get to them. When I reach the last (first) block, I do not finish that one but reverse direction and stitch back all the seams left unstitched, ending in the first block and finishing it. With good planning and practice, you will train your brain to catch each and every seam line throughout. I'll post a photo of some CC-ed blocks for you.

post--13461908430362_thumb.jpg

Archived