Explain Line Dancing Please

Line Dancing was developed/perfected by Diana Phillips and is a continuous-line quilting that goes from seam intersection to seam intersection, placing the same shaped line segment between. Her website is www.cozy-creations.com

She has publications for sale.

Here is a photo of some Line Dancing I shared from 2009. Each line segment is the same and illustrated at the bottom. Once you have mastered the CC pathway you will easily be able to translate to more elaborate-looking "Dancing".

post--13461908376452_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Line Dancing was developed/perfected by Diana Phillips and is a continuous-line quilting that goes from seam intersection to seam intersection, placing the same shaped line segment between. Her website is www.cozy-creations.com

She has publications for sale.

Here is a photo of some Line Dancing I shared from 2009. Each line segment is the same and illustrated at the bottom. Once you have mastered the CC pathway you will easily be able to translate to more elaborate-looking "Dancing".

and I just have to ask........the book will be out when? :cool:

As a catholic I can tell you to become a saint you have to die first. We certainly don't want that!!! How about we make her a knight? All we need is someone wearing a crown and carrying a sword to be able to do that. Can girls be knights though or would they be knightesses (wow that is a mouthfull). We could call her Knightess Linda R and she could be our knightess in shining armor....ready to save the day for all of us! Does anyone have a crown and sword?

Can you tell I took the day off just to chill????

Sure glad someone asked about line dancing. There are so many terms on this forum to describe quilting, that it is really confusing.

Maybe someone could make a sticky with all the terms explained. Then again it might take a knightesses to do that for all of us new quilters.:)

If you do a search on the forumhere or even a google search it will give you definitions, books etc For CC's, TT's and LD'ing. you just need to know what the abbreviations stand for!

And if you do a search here for Abbreviations then there is a long list of those on here too.

Well, just so you know, a female Knight is a Dame. Not quite so romantic sounding but Dame Linda could join the ranks of some famous Dames - for example Dame Maggie Smith and Dame Judy Dench to name 2 from the world of theatre and film!

Yes, Dame Linda - we need that book - not just for line-dancing plus, but for all the wonderful guidance you give us!

Originally posted by cblevins

I like Dame Linda even better than Knightess Linda! Dame Linda just kind of rolls off your tongue. Anne, do you have a crown and sword????

Just so long as no one's tongue trips and calls her "Dam Linda"! And maybe we can knight her (or would that be "dame" her) at the next Moxie meeting! Snicker, snicker......;)

I'm howling with laughter! You all are hilarious! I worked until 11am today and then trekked to Portland to EESchenk (a fabulous wholesale company) with a quilty pal. Then I get home, settle back with a cup of tea to catch up on the forum....I'm still grinning!

Well, I guess I better get going on finishing up the "book"--hoping this great build-up doesn't lead to disappointment!;)

Love you all!

dh has a sword. It's a Marine Corp dress sword, very elaborate and shiny, and I'm SURE he won't mind us using it! lol! The only Crown is the kind that comes in a purple velvet bag, tho, and he's a little particular about THAT! roflol!

I drew & quilted a 'line dance' type pattern and didn't even know it! I'm lazy, I don't like stopping and starting! lol!

Archived