Nightmare has come true

I agree...your patch job is a very good one. I would let her know it was already there, and that you did the best patch job possible. Not sure I would even suggest a discount. Follow up with the Fray Check as Shana suggested and it will NEVER come out.. Just be careful to keep it on the actual threads around the area, and not get crazy...sometimes on certain fabrics and you never know which it will happen on...it leaves a white mark when washed

Originally posted by nanbrug

I don't do that many customer quilts but low and behold I was doing a wall hanging for one and there was an inch slit in the top. I panicked thinking maybe I had done it and lost sleep for two nights. I finished quilting it and called her to pick it up. When she arrived she loved it then I calmly pointed out the slit and before I could say another word she admitted she knew there was one somewhere in the quilt and at the time she looked for it she couldn't find it to fix so I gave her two options 1) I would be willing to tear out the quilting and fix it free of charge being she was honest enough to admit I didn't do it or 2) I could fix it on the spot while she was there with liquid stitch. She was so nice about everything and agreed to the liquid stitch and would like to watch me fix it so she would know next time how to fix one. This was a win win situation I felt alot better and she got a free lesson on fixing boo boo's! LOL The customer was surprised that after it was fixed she couldn't even pick out the slash. I love liquid stitch.Good luck.

What is liquid stitch and how do you use it properly? I had an incident just last week where I was doing a customer quilt and after I quilted a spot, I noticed there was about a good 1" spot in a seam where the piecer did not have one of the fabric seams sewed into that seam. When I happened to quilt over that area, it happened to be that it then showed up as one side of that seam got stitched down--and there was the white batting showing through!. What a pain. So I had to unstitch a bunch of quilting in that area and I carefully pulled the two seams together to hand sew the seam. That seam for that block was now not perfectly straight--but I did not even mention it to her--as I'm sure she will not notice it unless attention would be brought to it. And luckily for me, that piecer did not have points perfect (many chopped off), or seams matched up perfectly, either, so I'm sure the fix I did will never be noticed. I have had this happen a few times to me. UGH!. Now I just want to know what liquid stitch is, if it is different than Fray Check, and how to use it. Thanks.

Archived