Breaking thread/missing stitches top & bottom

I just completed a quilt using Isacord thread in the top and bobbin. Things looked great until...I took it off the frame and began noticing breakage for one or two stitches in the top and no breakage on the back, then it would start quilting okay again. Then in a couple of other sections of the quilt on the back there were spots where the thread didn't break but there were long strings of thread and then all of a sudden it would start stitching again and there were stitches on the top through all of this!

I then mounted another quilt, this time using Isacord thread in the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. I'm having the same problems, plus my top thread is breaking about every foot I quilt. I'm pretty sure my tensions are correct because when it stitches, my stitches are gorgeous (the bobbin is slowly cascading to the floor and the top thread pulls through the needle smoothly). It's like for the first time in my longarm quilting I get no pokies top or bottom.

I've been through rethreading, checking for burrs, new needle, cleaning, UGH.

Could there be a timing problem?

I have two more quilts to finish for Christmas and time is a'waisting.

Help!

Over the weekend I had a similar problem sewing a batik quilt. Called a dear friend who has a Gammil, she said if she has this issue and cannot be resolved with upper tension adjustments, that she bypasses the first set of eyelets all together. Well, I knew her machine was a different brand from mine, but I gave it a try and wahlah it worked like a charm. Just a thought to try - hope it's resolved. I have 4 quilts to do before Christmas. I'm taking some afternoons off from work to get them done. I said I wouldn't overbook this year, but can't resist those pleading eyes of my friends.

Merry Christmas to all my late-night quilting friends.

Archived