are you working in SR mode? Can you determine in which direction it is happening? this will tell which regulator to check. On my older millie, I had a problem with the carriage SR. It wasn't actually the SR, but a bad spot in the wire that operated the carriage SR and that would cause it to just stop stitching and take a long stitch.

If this is similar to the problem you are getting, you need to isolate in which direction it is happening, front to back, or side to side, to determine what to look at.

ok. now check the encoder wheel on the machine axle on the head. Hold the machine wheel still and then try to turn the encoder wheel. Is it hard to turn, kind of "grippy", or does it turn easily. If it turns easily while holding the machine wheel stiill, you need to adjust it tighter into the wheel, as it is probably slipping. If it is grippy then check that wire. It is possible that there may be a break or bad spot in the wire.

We had one wire break right at the white connector. The shrink tube had slipped down and allowed the wires to flex at the connector. I managed to open up the end of the pin and solder the wire back in. Amy sent me some new pins but the repair has holding up so well I left it alone.

encoder wheel is gripping, all looks good I went ahead and wrapped the wires that where close to the carriage, with electric tape, but still does it, the lights and chripper stay on the machine just stoppes or takes big stitches like its skipping, of course I have to have a quilt on it, maybe Amy can help me out a lil more tomorrow, please keep posting things, cause it always helps.

Archived