HELP IMMEDIATELY - Solution...

I have been doing a lot of background quilting and SID with Intelliquilter so Millenium has been running about one mark over 7 and one mark under 9 most of the time.

This afternoon the needle started stuttering when trying to go up and down with needle up needle down function and the thread keeps breaking.

Yesterday and today every time I started a row Intelliquilter would think there was a thread break when there wasn't but would continue just fine when I told it to and finish the row.

I have taken off the side panel. No threads wrapped up but oiled everything real well, doesn't seem to have helped. Is there anything else you can think to try.

Guest Linda S

Cheryl - are you a member of the yahoo group for Intelliquilter? You might want to go there and search for the answer to your question too. There was a post on this some time back and, in addition to the #8 screw, I think there was a setting in preferences about stitch delay. Has something to do with the way the Millennium cycles the stitch and pulls the thread up.

Guest Linda S

It's not an IQ issue. It's an APQS Millennium issue. However, there is a setting on IQ preferences that will allow the IQ to wait for your Millie to get it's slow up/down stitch completed before it takes off and breaks your thread.

If I remember correctly you have to remove the side cover on the right if you are in front of the machine,the side you thread the machine on ,I just watched it on the vidieo tape the machine came with in 2000 ,,I will go back and put the tape in and see if I fine tune the rest of the details for you real quick because mine has slowed to a snail pace also . OK ,scratch off what I said above ,I watched the tape ,the screw for the needle speed adjuster is located under the front top cover on the front right of your machine ,remove and loosen a few screws to lift the top cover (make sure power is off ) then the screw is located on the side in the circuit board area ,mine is the first blue block which has a screw ,before doing any agjustment make sure your machine has warmed up ,then make sure power is off ,turning the screw to the right will slow the needle speed and turning to the left will increase it ,take your time ,its a slow process .

Thanks for all the help. I did e-mail Jessica Schick and am working with some different IQ settings. I was going awfully slow even for SID and background quilting.

However, I did go in and make a slight adjustment to the #8 screw. I have a LOT of lighting in that room and it's the only room in the basement that I leave the register open on so a lot of cold air dumps in there. Don't know if that caused the need for a change or what. It was kind of tricky to get to the screw because the screw and the access hole didn't line up. I had to push the rubber that was around the hole out of the way to get to it. Come ---- or high water DH and I are taking the maintenance class this winter. Can you take your own machine to work on for the class for a spruce up?

Archived