Newbie Question about Lenni

I have had my Lenni for almost 2 weeks now but have yet to even turn it on. Last night I tried to down load & print out the Lenni manual on my computer but had all kinds of problems. I have watched the "Getting Started" DVD. ( Would love to see their DVD updated as I am more of see it & then do it learner)

My question is, on the Lenni front handles, 1 has a white button & the other a green button. I am assuming that the green button starts the quilting but what doess the white button do?

Thanks in advance for your help! ;)

It is a half stitch. One press is needle down. Second press is needle up. With the Lenni, start with needle down then turn on with the green button in stitch regulator mode so the machine stops with needle down.

The best advice I got when I first started that differed from the video - float your tops. You will find you don't need to pin the top to the canvas. I do pin the bottom just so I can roll up the top and not step on it.

Best of luck with your new Lenni. Be patient with yourself and celebrate the small steps.

I have had my Lenni since May 2010 and have had lots of fun playing around with pantographs and some free motion. I am still in awe of the quilting photos posted by all the wonderful quilters on this forum and gain more ideas from watching videos on you tube. It does take a while to become more comfortable with the buttons.

Just experiment with junk fabric until you get the knack of the machine and the buttons. You can experiment by holding down the white button to make a series of small stitches to start your quilting path and then turn it on with the green button after your needle is sunk into the fabric in the down position.

Then you can practice on community charity quilts and gradually increase your skills. I find that practicing the quilting paths with dry erase markers or on paper to be useful too.

Charmaine

Archived