Bobbin issue #2

Tonilyn, this happened to me recently and it was an air vent from our air conditioning blowing on my machine where the thread needed to be kept taut. Do you have any air vents or fans blowing? I know it sounds far-fetched, but just a thought. Good luck to you in figuring it out!

I sometimes get this when I move too fast for the stitch regulator...and when the backing is stiff (not prewashed). The bobbin thread just doesn't seem to nest well into the backing....even after adjusting the thread tension (tightening the top). I'll see it happen in the same spot on a panto...when I'm going fast on a long curve....

I had this problem, too. It was not a problem I started out with, but it seemed to develop after about 4 years of having great stitches. It would only be on part of my panto, but fairly consistent throughout. It was maddening!!!

I sent my machine into the factory for a tune up and told about this problem and a few other developments, so it could be looked into. Next, I arranged to have Dave & DeLoa do a house call and they unboxed my returned machine, put it on the frame for me, then Dave balanced my frame, and checked over everything.

After all of that, I still get the same thing going on.......unless I tighten my top so much that I get breakage. It is frustrating!

Good luck getting this resolved.

Archived