Glide bobbin help please

I ran out of the color sand. I have a 114" x 114" quilt on the frame. I had 12 bobbins in the jar and knew it was going to be close. I am doing freehand flowers on this one. I am on the last row and have about 50 inches to go and am now out of bobbin thread. I placed an order this morning but am wondering if there is anyone in the Sacramento area that might have a couple of Magna glide L bobbins in the color sand that they'd be willing to sale to me. I'd come pick them up. Thanks

Connie, I have Sand but am not in the Sacro area. if you don't find anyone close by, I could mail a couple of "M" sizes to you. I wonder if you could unwind some thread to make them into "L" sizes? I'm in Tulare, just a few hours south of Sacramento. They would probably reach you by Monday or Tuesday. I'll check the list tonight and in the morning and see if you have your dilemma solved. If not, shoot me a U2U with your addy. My mailman comes before 10 a.m. usually on the weekends. Or I could wind a couple of bobbins and you could rewind onto your own if my "L" sizes don't work in your machine.

Connie, have you called Miesners in Sacto. or Roseville, or any of the long arm dealers, or quilt shops in your area. They might have some of the Fil-Tec bobbins. I know there is an Innova dealer in Marysville that had Fil-Tec magna glides at the Grass Valley quilt show in May. I was surprised to see he had such a large selection of Fil-Tec pre wounds. I think many of the shops and long arm dealers are starting to sell Fil-Tec products.

I know one of our local sewing machine shops sells the pre wounds for machine embroidery.

May be worth calling around, or maybe you will even inspire someone local in the Sacto. area to start selling Fil-Tec products.

I'm in Santa Rosa, but I don't' have that color---or I would priority ship you some.

No bobbin winder and my sewing machine well not good.

Sylvia - thanks for the offer but I am hoping my order from fil tek is here about that same time.

Going to be gone all day tomorrow so guess it isn't to big a deal. Thank you all for your help and ideas.

Archived