Help on quilting

Regular old CC's. Metro bright yellow and black threads. A ribbon meander in the border. And a little puffin in the center.

This quilt has been in my possession for 4 years! A customer used it as a "place holder quilt". She gave me 15 tops when she was moving to a new house and I quilted one every other month for her until I was down to three tops. Then she started piecing again and would swap out whatever was next in line for her latest effort. I think she swapped out this guy six times! This little sweetie is the last of her quilts and now she has to schedule better because she doesn't have a "placeholder" any more! Isn't that a great idea for a prolific piecer? She always had a spot for an emergency baby or charity quilt without having to wait.

post--13461909042957_thumb.jpg

I think that I'd establish the quilting style by what you choose to do on the black inner border, as it will show. Is the customer looking for a Halloween theme or anything goes?

I would add some interest to the black/orange/white by using a vibrant green thread on the black and perhaps purple on the white. You could do continuous curve on the black triangles and a more complicated sashing design on the black inner border.

I would go for contrast with your quilting -- the pieces are all geometric. Find curving designs. Show us when you finish!

Archived