Newsletter for customers??

Have any of you ever sent out a newsletter to your customers? That is one of the marketing techniques suggested in this book I'm reading. I ahve thought about the idea, but not sure what to include.

Sales and specials?? (I usually send out cards for these)

New thread colors??

New patterns available??

Pictures of finished quilts??

Any suggestions. I think I will try it if I can figure out what to include.

Hi Teresa--

Will you do a hard copy newsletter or email?

Email is cheaper, of course, if your customers have computer access. If not, you can offer a mailed copy.

It's a great idea--keeps your name out there and you can show pics of new tops with a link to your website. One legality is permission from customers to photograph their quilts for anything but your own records.

If you email, do so in small batches as most people have spam blockers for mass mailings. You can decide how often to send out new info--you may get soooo busy you only do a couple a year!

Your ideas of what to include are great. You can offer special discounts to former customers for recommending you to a new customer. This has worked for me with business cards, but sometimes I forget to let them know.

Hope you get more ideas--we have lotsa smart and business- savvy people here. Good luck.

Linda R

Teresa,

I receive a weekly newsletter from Dakota Cabin Quilts. It's a quilt shop in Hettinger, North Dakota. Laura, the owner, always writes a sweet anecdotal story about something that personally happened to her that week. Most times, she writes a cute, and very touching/sweet story about her young son and what he did (little boy stuff). It's always a heartwarming short story through the eyes of a child, and really, it's usually just a few sentences long. Laura has a special way of writing that touches your heart, and honestly I look forward to reading her newsletter each Sunday morning. After all these months receiving her newsletter, I feel like I know Laura and her family, but I'm 3000 miles away! It's obvious that she has very high values and morals toward the love of family and friends. It's central in each story. Following the little story, she goes on to tell you about the latest things on sale in the quilt shop, or upcoming events. A little tug on a customer's heart is surely bound to tug on the pocketbook and credit card every once in a while, too.... LOL!! ;)

So, you can personalize your newsletters any way you want to. Just like quilting, writing takes a little PPP. You can do it!!

Best wishes.

Shana

Archived