Terrific Thursday 9/06/12-what are you doing today?

I finished a quilt that has been sitting for a few years. I used it to practice my feathers and as a warm up to get in gear to quilt my sister's Taos quilt. Her quilt has been sitting here for over two months while I work up the nerve to start quilting it.

When I got to the end of my quilt I had enough backing to use for the table runner that I recently completed. This is one of my first applique projects and the first time that I've quilted applique.

2100853150105196958S500x500Q85.jpg

2627700460105196958S500x500Q85.jpg

Beautiful quilts Ladies! You are so inspiring! I have finally gotten my quilt room put back together after the water "incident" last week and then have been feeling not so well as I've been on prednisone and allegra for chronic hives that have made a comeback...so I have been working a little at a time on an antique 1930's applique iris quilt...

I love all the quilts you gals are working on.

Linda R - Your quilting is awesome, as usual. I enjoyed your explanation of the process used to make the top. It has given me ideas.

PJ - Good luck with the move. So glad your life (new hubby, new house) is going so well. I know you went through hell for quite a while!

I am working on a queen size tee shirt/clothing quilt for a customer. There are 42 blocks. I completed 14 in 2 days. Has to be all custom because it has been emblished already. Many changes of thread in each block, at her request. I don't mind; she will be paying for this service. :P

Finally I am quilting one for me...my Rabbits Prefer Chocolate quilt. I hope to have the quilting finished this weekend. Hubby is going woodcutting...WOO HOO!! Here's a sneak peek. The dark line is the shadow from the window pane, but I love how the sun shows off the quilting! There will be lots of embellishment on this one, too. Very fun!

post--13492895124966_thumb.jpg

Archived