Help! My Freedom has a mind of it's own

Hi Everyone,

I have been to busy with work and life lately. I am trying to work on the 16 soon to be 17 quilt tops for my mom. The problem is that since the begenning I have had trouble getting the machine to stop stitching. I try pressing any of the buttons more firmly, yelling stop,stop, stop, and gently taping the handle and saying seriously Stop! It does eventually stop but I find this to be a serious problem when I need it to just STOP. It does this randomly and yes I do talk to the machine. :) Any suggestions before I call APQS?

Hugs to All

Kathalynn

Kathalynn, your Freedom is no different than most of our machines out here, and most of us have been in your shoes! You can talk sternly to your machine, but until you adjust your #8 screw, your baby will ignore you. Check this forum or your manual for "Needle up/down" - all you need to do is find your #8 screw and slow your needle up/down speed just a little. When I get to my desktop computer, I'll find the link to a thread here that'll help.;)

Check out the thread at http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=14048&page=1#pid145846

It's about a Lenni, but your Freedom is pretty much the same machine inside. If your machine is 2008 or newer, your access to the #8 screw is at the back of the machine. If it's an older model, it's under the top hood.

Once you've figured out what you need to change and made the change, please post here, so we know your problem has been fixed!!

Thanks Barb,

I am done for tonight but will check out that screw first thing tomorrow evening. I was told the machine is aprox 4 years old so I am thinking 2008. I will call APQS tomorrow and ask them the age as I should confirm that for my notes. I received the email and could not open it on this computer but I will put it on a thumb drive and open it on another computer tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Kathalynn

Archived