Our Terrific Thursday!!!!

Originally posted by hmerrill

OK now that I had a few hours sleep I was too excited and had to share at least a quick snapshot of my quilt. This one is for me and I used the 10 Minute Block (thanks OMA!) and a chain block. I'll post more pics when I have time.

I cant wait for you to share how you made it ,with Omas block and your chain ,I want to make one exactly like it ,I am addicted to feathers and I love the same blue and green and I use kona white in all my quilts ,I am hoping it will be a fast one to complete ,I hate piecing but love quilting and x-mas is coming fast .

So many wonderful quilts and ideas this week !!! Great job to all of you !!!

Originally posted by queenie123

Originally posted by hmerrill

OK now that I had a few hours sleep I was too excited and had to share at least a quick snapshot of my quilt. This one is for me and I used the 10 Minute Block (thanks OMA!) and a chain block. I'll post more pics when I have time.

I cant wait for you to share how you made it ,with Omas block and your chain ,I want to make one exactly like it ,I am addicted to feathers and I love the same blue and green and I use kona white in all my quilts ,I am hoping it will be a fast one to complete ,I hate piecing but love quilting and x-mas is coming fast .

So many wonderful quilts and ideas this week !!! Great job to all of you !!!

I'll share it as soon as I can. The wedding is 2 weeks away so I doubt it will before then! I'm addicted to feathers too and they just make me happy! I can tell you that I finished this quilt from start to finish in 2 weeks. I did have my daughter help piece the chain blocks and she helped sew all the rows together. Remember I work full time, she does too, and we wree crazy with other wedding things but got it done. I did push really hard on the quilting to get it done but it is possible. Stay tuned.

I did use the computer for the half inch circles, I didn't want those wonky (I told 'em that I did - it's ok :P) I use 3/8" high rulers I got from Terylloy Enterprises for my straight lines. I like the markings. Chaco white liner for all the markings and yup, I'm marking this puppy a lot before stitching. They want all the threads knotted and buried so I didn't do many turns but did the sections individually and took care of the threads. Lots of work!

Heidi, love your quilt!!! Debbie, love what you did on that quilt - great work and really pretty.

Archived