Liberty panto size?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Well ... I think you can squeek out a bit more room than that. I have two Jodi Beamish pantos that are 12" each and I can do those with no problem. Much past that and you are pushing it. I have a 13 1/4" one that will not fit. I'm going to give a nice 13" one a try tomorrow and, if it won't fit, I'll just use my foot pedal and improvise a bit. I really want to use this design and will be so bummed if I can't make it work!

Linda

I bought "Splash-LG" from Willow Leaf and it won't fit. It measures 13.5. I did finish the quilt I was working on but I had to advance and then re-roll the entire time. After the second pass I marked the best spots to stop and either advance or retreat. I got it finished, and I now understand how use the foot pedal. I have yet to use the panto again....too much of a pain to go froward and back 6 times with each pass!! I really need to order the smaller version.

Cheryl

Guest Linda S

I forgot to say that the reason you are so limited in panto size is the leveler bar. I ends up taking up quite a bit of your space, but it is so necessary in making everything come out so nice and smooth. I'm finding that most of the pantos are being made for the smaller machines now. Actually, the one I'm trying today is Spring Fling by Nichole Webb. You can't even buy the 13" panto anymore. It now comes in 11", but the design is a bit different. We'll see how it goes as soon as I finish my coffee!

Linda

I have the old Ult II and in test driving a Liberty I was a bit disconcerted to find the leveler bar taking up so much of my precious space. But I don't think I use any panto's that are made for a Millennium sized machine anyway. I don't find the need for the leveler bar. I don't really bother raising and lowering the take up bar either. Maybe I need to learn something about that, eh? ;)

I have an Ultimate 1 so pantos fit easily but I would think that it would be possible to determine the repeat on a larger panto and then reduce it on a copy machine. Then if you print 5 or six copies of the repeat and place them end to end you could re-create the panto but in the 11" size. Of course, this would only be if the panto is not available in the 11" size.

And you may want to check with the vendor. Also, at Innovations I picked up a little cardboard gadget that helps me determine what percentage to reduce/enlarge an image to fit a specific area. Very helpful.

Guest Linda S

In most cases, Pam, you need to get permission from the artist or publisher to shrink the panto. There is usually a disclaimer on them that states that you cannot reproduce or resize them in any way shape or form. I did get permission to resize the 15" Feathered Curls from Timeless Quilting Designs. Just haven't done it yet.

Linda

P.S. I did manage to get the 13" panto to fit, but I did have to do a little improvising.

Archived