Hi all...

I have a 2002/2003 Mille. I went out yesterday to quilt, and the automatic feed foot pedal wasn't working...Now, I have maybe become spoiled having one of those....but I do REALLY like the convenience of it.

My DH came out, and looked around. nothing obviously wrong with it...We bypassed, and now I have to use the motor feed manually. (oh, I know, poor me)

So, I called to order a new foot pedal today...and found out it is ONE UNIT. A cost of $1350.00 plus shipping and handling! Holy Cow...That is lots of quilts to quilt to make up for my convenience of having a foot pedal...

What is a poor girl to do? I think I will be manually advancing my quilts for a bit. Does anybody have any great ideas besides buck up?

Thanks for any info. I have a call into APQS, but lots of other people have things happening too, and I still can at least quilt...

Karen Burns

Compulsive Quilting

Carnation, Washington

Hi Karen--

Look in the yellow pages for small motor repairs (not small engine, but small motor) and take the whole unit with the motor, cable, and foot pedal for them to look at. It must be a cable/wiring problem if the motor still works. It couldn't be that hard to fix and it's definitely not worth buying a whole new system if it's only wiring. Just a suggestion from my DH the handyman. Good luck!

Linda Rech

Guest Linda S

Hmmm - I have a Liberty and I have to admit that I rarely, if ever, use the foot pedal. I have to unclasp the ends of the quilt from the clamps and release the brake anyway, so flipping the switch on the end of the machine has always seemed easier to me. I do use the pedal in my lap if I'm sitting to quilt and have a block that's a little to big for my quilting area. I think that's the only time I use it.

Linda

Thanks Kenna,

I did reply in the "help" section. If you can't get it to work, you can always send us back the motor and foot switch for repair and then we can send it back to you as well. Just let us know what you find.

Later,

Archived