thread cutter removal unecessary

Hi, all,

there was a topic about removing the thread cutter from Millenniums to make the machine feel less heavy. Even though I put on Bliss, my 2010 Milli was feeling "heavy". So I phoned Amy to ask how to remove the thread cutter. She asked if I had the yellow bearings on the M&M wheels on the carriage for the front and back motion. Apparently, some, not all by any means of the bearings were wearing out or defective and it wasn't the thread cutter making the machine heavy. I changed out the M&M wheels to new ones she sent me and the movement feels "like new". I can't describe the problem except that the machine felt like it took just a little more to push it around. Now it is really noticeable how easy it is to move the machine diagonally. What a difference!

So before trying to remove the thread cutter to cut down on the weight of the machine, maybe Amy can find and easier way!!!

Sylvia,

The M&M wheels are not on Bliss! The Bliss system is the for the way the carriage rides on the table! The M&M wheels are the ones that are attached to the bottom of the machine and do the front to back movement. When I got Bliss, it required a new carriage and new wheels for the front back movement were the M&Ms. It was just a batch of M&M's that had the Yellow bearings that had some defective ones. Just son't buy one that have the yellow bearings.

Thanks, Dawn! I don't see any blue or yellow. I loosened the bolt to see the center, and all I can tell that I see is just metal color. I did notice while I was down there, that the inside of the groove of the wheels that ride on the carriage, the lip that sits on the edge of the carriage the paint or whatever the black coating is is all worn off. I don't know if that matters, and I don't know if I can flip the wheels or not. Do I need to take the wheel off to see the color, and does the black being worn off matter?

Lynn,

I have the directions for installing the M&M wheels in front of me and it says "install the new wheel using the indicated shims and spacer. From the bottom up: ...black wheel with the snap ringside up...". So it looks like the the wheels are not able to to be inserted by reversing to the other side. The new M&M wheels that I got from APQS don't have any other color on them but black. The yellow ones had a wide yellow ring next to where the bolt went through.

I didn't know about the 'yellow' center either, and no matter how much I've checked to see if something was binding or out of level I just cannot get smooth movement front to back and talk about drag... - it's like it has arthritis like me <_< Now I hear about the yellow color although I don't believe this was mentioned in prior posts about defective M&M's, and mine are these. This makes absolute sense why I continue to have trouble and struggle with movement. Sure hope I call and can get this resolved. Thanks for the bringing this to light again.

Archived