Grammie needs Help NEEDLE Hitting or Rubbing Bobbin.

I just noticed a sound and found the needle is hitting the bobbin in the stitching process. I have burrs on the bobbin. I did change needle and bobbin and it did it again.

Is this timing? It just so happens the Honey is home but not here.

Is this a simple fix. Please tell me it is. Quilt loaded and incomplete.

Thanks a million.

I Did leave a message with customer support. Still waiting.

Tammie,

I have had this happen when a bobbin case decides to go bad. I now replace them every year. Do you have a spare?

Be sure to change the needle if you have not done so already, & clean up inside the needle shaft area to eliminate any debris that may cause the needle from being positioned properly.

If these things do not work, then yes, please check your timing with the directions in your manual.

Let us know how it goes!;)

Tammie,

I have had this happen on my Ultimate I. It was probably just a timing issue. But I had a quilt on the machine and a deadline so I just kept plowing thru. Instead of researching it, I just kept going, replacing 11 (yes eleven - :mad: hardhead) needles in the process. I could hear the 'pops' as the needle burrs entered the fabric. Maybe if I had stopped, checked the timing and retimed I would not have had to replace my hook. It kept stitching so I kept going....:(

It isn't something as simple as the bobbin finger (underside of needle plate) being loose and allowing the bobbin case to slip, is it?

Tammie,

I also have had this happen, and I just let it go until one day I was looking at the bobbins and realized that I had three (all with burrs) that were just a smig wider than the rest of my bobbins....They were bobbins that I got from Kingsmen and there were 3 out of the package that were just wider. I first noticed that the three didn't sit on my bobbin winder...their hole was a bit larger, but I crammed a toothpick in there and they wound just find....should have stopped there, but DUH.

It wasn't a timing issue with me...just to wide of bobbins.

Hi this is Bonnie and I don't have a Millie, but if its anything like what I have....you will need a trailer to haul it in...My table is 12 foot long and I couldn't get it into a regular pickup...when I moved my studio, I had to rent a trailer.

crosgrant,

I have an Ultimate I with a 14 foot table. The freight company shipped it from Oklahoma to San Diego then got

wierd with me so I decided to pick it up.

I live about 25 miles away from the frieght company. I drive a full size Silverado pickup truck. We took the table and rollers out of the crate they were shipped in, roped them into the back of the truck, machine head in the back seat and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y drove home.

"Will it fit in a pickup?", yes. Would I do it again? NO. I would rent a trailer. After you spend all that $$ on a machine, I would not recommend cheaping out on the ride home. :D

Tammie,

Did you get your bobbin problem fixed? What did it turn out to be??

Archived