Liberty Owners Help, Blown Fuse?

Hi Ladies

I was stitching along in full Christmas rush mode and I hit a pin, breaking the needle. Of course not fast enough to stop, so broken needle continued sewing, machine appeared to jam for a second, then machine quit, and all went dark. No power, lights, nothing. A heart stopping moment for me. I removed the broken needle, and found all pieces. I am hopeful that it is just a blown fuse. My question is where do I look to find the fuse(s) for replacement on a Liberty?. The pages I got with my Liberty are not that detailed, so can one of you wonderful ladies tell me where to start please. I have 2 types of fuses that came with my machine 6.3 amp and 2 amp.

Any help greatly appreciated. My machine is on a large surge protector, so hope it is not something more serious. I am going to send an email to service, but wanted to check here first.

Thanks ladies

You have a fuse in a little "drawer" next to where your power cord plugs into the machine, but I know the Canadian machines have at least one more, under the hood somewhere. Either call APQS on their toll-free number, or post a plea to Canadian Reps/Owners in the "APQS Help" forum - that'll get attention the quickest! But best is to call APQS - they can walk you right to the fuses. Hopefully, that is all you have to fix to get back into "full Christmas rush mode"!

I responded in the other thread as well. Your second fuse is probably in a round holder just below the on/off switch. You want the slow blow type and a 4 amp will work just fine. Circuit City bought the Canadian Radio Shack store some years ago and now the are called The Source, fuses can be found there.

Nigel

I Love TYhis Forum

Thanks Everyone, replaced the blown fuse last night and am back up and running. Amazing that I was able to buy the right type of fuse in town, without ordering to replace the one in the neat little drawer behind the blown one. After talking to Amy, the Main Fuse for the Liberty is a 3.15 amp, 250 volt slow blow fuse. Dawn and Amy are totally awesome, I am again a happy camper, and back stitiching up a storm.

Vicki

Archived