It's FIXED!!!!!

After my having a lot of stress over my foot pedal not working, my husband responded, and FIXED it! We troubleshot the thing...(I say "we, he would say just "he")...I pretty much just "lurked" and told him not to make it worse...(such the help, I know)

First we found the pedal didn't work, but the manual automatic feed did, which meant the motor still worked, so it wasn't the fuse...(such a good start, thank you Norece)

We checked the pedal, and it still "clicked" when stepped on...so it wasn't that..(We did have to pull some batting and thread out of the thing)

We took apart the box with the on/off and reverse/forward switch..and it turned out to be the on/off switch...We had to go to a specialty electric store to get the right switch, (Radio Shack doesn't have it...) and I am literally BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

Thank you to all that responded with such great ideas...I appreciated all of them. I hope this might help anybody that has the same difficulty...

Karen :)

I just love reading these messages. Have been following repairs on fabric advance mechanism. Karen, it sounds a lot like the things which go on in this household. I also "lurk" and caution (much to my DH's dismay) and he fixes. I am so lucky (as it sounds, so are you), my DH can repair most things. My DH read this, and found the repair scene funnier than when I "lurk". So glad you are now back in business; and we will know where to start when I have the same problem. Happy Quilting. Have learned so much from this site and appreciate all of people who contribute.

Marilyn

Guest Linda S

Good for you. I'm just wondering -- what do you do about the brake when you use the foot pedal? I've always got to go and release the brake, so I just flip the switch when I'm down there. Hardly ever use the foot pedal.

Linda

Archived