Today I get to play....fiinally!!

Well, finally. I got my beautiful new Millie right after Christmas. It sat in my studio in boxes until hubby's kids went back to school Jan 8th. Got it put together that week then both DGS came to visit so no time to play with machines! Then went to So. California for a week with one DGS. ( 9 rides on Cal. Screaming, 11 rides on Space Mtn, etc, later, )Still had not even had time to stitch with it. Got back yesterday and immediately went back to airport to put UA DGS on plane. Nope, snow in Chicago. Would not let him fly. Finally late yesterday he got to go. Today hubby has minor surgery. FINALLY I get some quiet time to go pin on some muslin and try that baby out. Frustration has been building since Christmas. Ordered some trial thread --Superior King Tut--to play with. Ok, I am babbling. I am so excited to get to play today. I have to wait and take Hubby to doc for surgery then I am playing the rest of the day, unless he turns into a baby after surgery, which he won't. Okey dokey I'm done. Just wanted to share!:D;)

Sometimes it seems that there are so many things keeping us from what we want to do and it certainly takes patience to do that waiting until the time is right. I'm so glad that today will be the day you have been waiting for. Enjoy the process and know that there may be a few bumps, but you will get over them as you Practice, practice, practice. I've certainly been over some of those bumps and continue to learn with each quilt that I do. The most important thing is to have FUN while you learn to dance with your machine. Have you named your machine yet? My Milli is named "Y.G.G." for You Go Girl. I call her GiGi for short!

I can't believe that you and I just talked on the phone. I had read your posting earlier in the day, and now I think I can start to put a personality with the name. We'll have to get together with Pat Noonan (PattyJo), and Bekah as well. We're mostly in the Portland vicinity, Pat's in Keizer. I've yet to meet Bekah, but I'm looking forward to it. In fact, that's a lot. Look for a future post from me.

Beth

Since I am new to the Vancouver area and do not have an quilting connections, I would love to get together with any and all. I grew up in Woodburn, but moved to N. Idaho 26 years ago. I have all my quilting buddies there, but none here. It would be so fun to have a get together for all the APQS owners and wanna-bes. Can we do it? I am feeling the NEED for quilting conversations and stories, more than just impersonal online things. I cannot wait to meet you on Saturday, Beth. Linda A. is awesome. I am just excited to finally be meeting people. Yesterday I got to stitch for 4 hours--hubby's surgery took longer than they thought--equipment malfunction--which freaked me out but gave me lots of time. I love using the machine without the SR, it seems to move easier. I will get used to the SR though. I had some problem with thread breakage, but changed to the Poly sample that came with the machine and no more problems. I am sure after Linda's class in Feb. I will be able to troubleshoot much better. So, let's all get together and I will shut up!!;)

Nineva welcome and congratulations. Can hardly wait to meet all of you that I only know by way of posts. PattyJo and I met in Keizer when we bought out machines. She is just as fun and lovely in person as she in on the forum. Where in Idaho were you? I grew up in Sun Valley

Hello my friends!

Wow, I am feeling left out of the fun quilt party, but I hope to make it to one of your functions soon. I will be at the APQS showroom that week-end, darn.

Take notes for me, pictures, what-ever.

I am so happy that we have so many awesome quilters in the Pacific Northwest to network with!

I will be with you in spirit!! ;)

See you in February Nancy!

P.S. Beth if you want send me an E-mail to other LA quilters in Oregon & Southern Washington, let me know.

I can send an invite out for you from my contacts.;)

Archived