Two Machines - what a difference

Since I have a custom quilt on my 2012 Millie, and needed a break. 

I put an overall quilt on my 2007 machine.  She has MnM wheels, but is so much harder to move around than the 2012 with Bliss. Should I be able to move one of the table MnM wheels freely without resistance or do you think she needs her wheels tweaked?

I better hurry up and  put Quilt Path on the 2007 machine, I felt like I was a beginner again.

I tried bliss and it seemed to skate too much for me. Mine is a 2002 nonblissed and I think it is what you get used to. If I blissed mine I think I would have to learn all over again how to control it. I don't think it would be easy to go back and forth between the two. It is all in what you are used to I think. I don't think my hubby would let me spend the money to add bliss so I guess it is good I'm happy with what I have. I have a few things on my list before bliss like hydrolic lifts and a computer system.

Put quiltpath on it and then you wont mind.

Shirley

I have bliss on my millie and it's certainly a question of what you're used to.  I put IQ on it last year and just that slight change made a difference to how it felt, to me anyway.  I had to re-teach muscle memories to work it in manual mode ;)   It felt like there was a slight overshoot because of the extra weight, which I had to compensate for.

I have sold my IQ and am waiting for QP to arrive.  I love the smooth lightness of the Bliss and definitely noticed the difference again when the IQ and all the framework and motors came off.  I'm SO hoping that because QP is belt driven it will make little difference to the way the millie handles - as I understand it, almost all the extra weight should be down on the table and cross-carriage, not up with the machine :)   

Watch this space .......... :)

- Ani

Archived