QuiltCut2

apylinski

This isn't really longarm related but it is quilt related. Has anyone ever seen the QuiltCut2 system for cutting fabric for quilts?  Just wondering what you thought of it or if someone has it let me know how they like it. I saw one at a show last year and just found the flyer on it.  At the time it was pretty interesting.

I owned one.  Well, I guess I still own it.  I loaned it to my SIL because I didn't really use it.  It worked like they said, but I thought it was too much work to use it.  I use my Studio Cutter mostly and everything else I just use my regular cutting board and rotary cutter. 

I find my cuts more accurate with it than just a ruler as I have a tendency to have my ruler slip. I love mine. But I can say if you get consistant accurate cuts without it it is faster and cheaper without it. So not for everyone. It could be it makes me slow down and that works for me.

Shirley

I just wanted to add that when you slip the ruler in the QuiltCut's grooved lip, when you're ready to cut, it puts an even pressure on the fabric and holds it firmly in place while you cut. That is the selling point for me, compared to using my rotary and a loose ruler, because it takes less force for me to keep several layers in place while cutting. Just wanted to add that!

Ann,

I bought the June Tailor 12-Inch-by-18-Inch Shape Cut Plus Ruler, for cutting strips. Haven't had any problem with slippage of ruler or fabric. Eleanor Burns was using it on one of her videos and since it looked easy, I gave it a try. I haven't used it to cut squares or triangles with yet. Only strips. Since I don't do fused or stitched applique, it meets my needs very well. You can buy similar shape cut rulers that will cut different size strips, like 2  1/2 or 1 1/2 if those are the only sizes you want, but this one will do 1/2 inch strips and to get the larger strips, you just skip over to the groove for the size you want to cut. 

Debbie

Archived