Tip for burying threads

While watching Ricky Tims' Grand Finale today, I learned a great technique for burying threads. He threads a needle, inserts it eye end first into the sandwich, about an inch away from the threads he wants to bury. He pops the eye end of the needle up the fabric where the thread is that he wants to bury, backs the eye of the needle out a bit, creating a loop of thread that he can then insert the threads ends that need to be buried, and then pulls the needle through the sandwich, taking those thread ends along with it. 

I use Isacord which tends to shred a bit when I have to unstitch to bury, and so the ends are usually short, making it difficult for my fingers to thread my Spiral Eye needle to bury. I think this technique is going to save my sanity!

Here some pictures for a visual -- cuz my explaining is bad.

EDIT: I won't insert eye end first on the spiral eye needle, but I did double the thread over before threading the spiral eye needle, creating a loop so the needle can be inserted in the usual way but there's still a loop to use.

SECOND EDIT: I bet you could keep bury an unlimited number of times and only have to thread the needle once!

post-5206-0-26997100-1363208122_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-70527300-1363208396_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-57023600-1363208402_thumb.jpg

Archived