Problem solved!

Okay, I'm a big weenie, I was afraid to take the machine head off the table, but finally dragged DH down for assistance, and it took mere moments. Back in about November I asked for help with my noisy machine. After a strange phone call holding the phone up to the machine head, it was diagnosed as needing to have the grease re-packed. She said that I could still use it until the grease arrived, and I guess I took that to heart and then beyond. Now she's re-packed and much quieter, but sounds strange because I got used to her being so noisy! Morale of the story is to not be afraid of these machines. Yes, they are big and expensive, but we've got such great support from APQS and everyone else here, that it's time to just dive in and fix things.

Beth

Good for you! I have to say that since having my millie, I have become much braver around other machines too. Heck, I even took out an old serger that somene gave me 5 years ago, and now I've been using it to chainstitch to my zippers. Pretty good since the only other times I've touched it were packing and unpacking for a move!

I think it's great you handled the problem, with help.

You know because you call APQS and say my machine is making this weird noise, and then hold the phone up to the machine while it's running for them to listen to.

Sorry that I can't be more specific than that, but I only had my girl since April when she started to make noise. Ran fine, but I couldn't hear my stereo any more.

Beth

Archived