What would you do in my situation? I've made a tshirt quilt for a friend. It has turned out beautifully except today as I'm finishing the binding, I noticed a small area on the quilt where the tension was too loose. It is not very noticeable obviously since I didn't see it before...navy thread on navy fabric on the back which the only spot that you can tell. I like to do things well, but I don't know if or how I should try to fix it. What would you do? Thanks, Denise :)

Here is what I have done in the past when I have had this same problem: I have taken out the stitching (after I bound the quilt) and then re-stitched the small area with my domestic machine with the same thread as I used on the long-arm. You could not tell the difference. I was able to stitch in the same quilt path cause I could see the stitching line left by the needle of the long-arm. It is really an easy fix! Good luck to you.

Denise,

Sylvia's suggestions is great! 

Another possible solution if the loose tension is along a fairly short length of quilting, would depend on how loose the bobbin thread is.  Can you pull it all into one place - make one big loop?  Could you then thread it on to a needle and knot and bury that bobbin thread from the back?

If it is a short loop I have used a needle and a short length of thread (10" or so), insert the needle about 1.5" away from the loop, hold one end of this thread, bring the needle up at the hole where the loop is, thread your short thread through your bobbin loop, take your needle back down the same hole and back out where you 1st inserted the needle, grab both ends of the thread and pull the bobbin loop into the backing. You may need to secure that bobbin thread loop into the backing to keep it there. Clear as mud?

Archived