Given a choice, problems will occur in the last 1 hour of quilting ...

I won't bore you with details except to say that I have found this stoopid saying more correct the more I quilt ... I have about 1 hour more of custom quilting on this gorgeous quilt, and I look and see a 'darkish' area ... where it shouldn't be 'darkish' ... this has a beautiful beige background ... i'm thinking my cataracts must be kicking in ... it starts to bug me and I grab the flashlight and flash from the back of the quilt ... OMG!  a tangle of dark threads has gathered in one area!  Cripes!  So my last hour has now turned into 2 hours because it's going to take me at least another hour to just fish those babies to the top without hurting the top itself.  Thank goodness I have a full day tomorrow to work magic on this.  I'm taking a very teeny tiny crochet hook and fishing this crap out through the top.  Backing is dark so can't do it that way ... I don't think.  I'll sleep on it.  So ... take one beautiful quilt, a zillion hours custom quilting, and yep!  There it is!  Karma is just wonderful, you know ... 

You poor thing!! I feel your pain!! A similar thing happened to me. Have you every thought to yourself, hey, this is going better/quicker than I thought, maybe I will be done soon? Yeah, I don't think those kinds of thoughts any more!! A month or so ago I was quilting a panto quilt and thought that I would call the customer before I was done and let her know it would just be another hour -- this was a rush quilt and I wanted to give her the option of picking it up that day. Then I got to thinking, don't call, you will invoke Murphy's Law. Sure enough, just the THOUGHT of calling her and Murphy new it. I was picking out stitches for the next hour and a half and cursing myself. 

I hope you can work your magic quickly and that you don't think about this while you are sleeping!

Archived