HI all going to HMQS--have fun and soak up all that sunshine. It is cold, dreary and rainy here in Iowa today. Maybe next week we might be able to get some corn planting started!!

Anyway--I have a quilt hanging at HMQS and would love for someone to take a photo of it for me!

The name is ... That New Box of Crayons Smell... and it is in the Machine Embroidery category.

Thanks and be inspired by the show!!!

Terri

Sharonarooni----Thanks!! That smell is so distinct--and such a fond memory of my childhood--that it needed to be made into a quilt. I will try and remember to post a few photos that I have for you later. And then you can see the smell!!!

Terri

Hello, all you lucky people that get to go to HMQS. Please look for my 3 jackets, too. I got a call from the show today checking to see if I would be at the awards ceremony!! How fun! I won something! I am stuck in Iowa and it can't decide if it is winter or spring! I will be haunting their web site tomorrow to see the results!

Jennifer--that is the same call I received this afternoon too--they told me I could call there tomorrow--but I was so excited that they were calling I forgot to ask for the number!!! So I guess I will just do the wait and see like you!!! along with waiting for spring!!

Thanks to APQS--I snagged the photos off facebook!! Thanks for these amazing photos--makes me feel like I was right there with the quilt--maybe I could photoshop myself in there...hehehe

post-2329-0-32627100-1368395292_thumb.jpg

I really had fun making this quilt--machine embroidery is such a stress reliever to me after a long day of customer quilts out in the studio. Plus my LQS had the applique pieces all laser cut with the fusible attached--that left me with more time to come up with a new setting and a few other blocks!!

post-2329-0-36544400-1368395321_thumb.jpg

post-2329-0-61708700-1368395342_thumb.jpg

I had this quilt in MQS last year and one of the judges comments was that not all of my traveling lines traveled exactly along the feather--and they were right--they didn't--so before I sent it to HMQS I popped it back on the frame and added all the scribbling around the feathers--I like the look a lot better--can't wait to see if it made a difference in the judges comments.

Thanks again to APQS for the photos and my machine--giving me the confidence to let my creativity to have no bounds and try anything!!!

I strongly encourage everyone to try enter a quilt in a show that gives the judges comments on the quilt--it is such a great way to learn and improve your skills!!

post-2329-0-73392200-1368395651_thumb.jpg

I've taken classes from Marilyn and just took several from Claudia and ones from Kimmy Brunner; Sally Terry; Jamie Wallen; Sue Patten; Karen McTavish; Renee Haddadin and many others. Tell you family for Christmas and birthday you want a vacation to a show. I had my vacation at HMQS and boy do I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. It was great seeing and meeting everyone.

Shirley

Archived