Taking down my Millennium

We will be doing some major renovations to what will become my new sewing studio.  Sadly, my Millennium must come down.  Are there any instructions anywhere that makes this task easier?  Those of you that are often at shows, do you have a quick system? I have kept the box that the head came in, but do you disassemble the machine table completely?  It would be nice if the set up, once the room is done, would be quick as opposed to when I first set up my machine.

Thank you for your time.

Carole

http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

If you are able, I would leave as much intact as possible.  I.e. when I've done a show in the past I'll take the table apart to get it out of the basement, but not remove the handles or anything from the head.  It won't fit in the box, but if you can find a place to put your head so it's out of the way and secure, that will save some time.

What are you doing to your studio?  Must be nice to have a great new space to look forward to.

lable the bars and the table legs so you know the order to put them back togethertake rails off table but leave the screws in the holes they go back into.  take the head off the table but dont take anything off it.  sit it on a box that fits between the axles and cover until ready to put back up.

lucky you to be getting a new studio.

Thank you all for your answers.  We are renovating the computer/longarm/music room and turning this room into my sewing studio.  Our home is a 200 + years old brick house.  When we renovate we bring the walls to brick, change windows, insulate etc.... it is very dusty but so worth it when we are done.  It will be nice to have everything in one room.   

Archived