carriage for Lenni

I've left a couple phone messages at APQS, but I guess they are all busy with shows or something.  Dawn helped me figure out that the problem with Lenni is the carriage is bent. We have kind of bent it back to make it work, but I know I need to replace it.  As soon as Steve gets the new floor down in the quilting room I'll be ready to put up Lenni's table and get back in business.  Does anybody know how I can get a replacement carriage for Lenni to ride on, and what  the cost might be?  It's not a want; more of a necessity. 

Thanks,

Of course, APQS would be the the first place to order a new carriage. I don't know why anyone would have an extra Lenni carriage to sell unless they got a new carriage with a Bliss upgrade. I don't know enough about the Lenni's wheel configuration to be of much help to you. Is it possible to send your twisted carriage back to Iowa to have them work on it?

Hi Teresa

Yes Sue is right, I bought the IQ carriage with edgerider wheels a couple of years back now (as edgeriders company did not replace just the wheels on the original lenni carriage and MM wheels were never available to lenni owners due to them being the wrong size for the lenni carriage !!  I would have gone for those if they had have been)  The first one was damaged in transit and I could never get it to work properly and struggled and moaned for about six months or so,  but the company were very good and sent me out a replacement.

I am getting on with it just fine now and it is very smooth.  I do have to adjust it now and again though to keep it that way, ...  I have the black steel table.  There is a bit of swapping and changing over of the direction of the encoder wheels for the stitch regulator, which took quite a time,  just taking the old wheels off was a pain in the butt..  worth it in the end,.

I think it is $500 at the moment plus shipping?  it is supplied by IQ company.  It runs with vertical wheels along the table axis, and it runs with horizontal wheels along the carriage axis... hope that makes sense.

I do have good control these days (when my table is perfectly at least !!) 

Although of course you can get a replacement original APQS carriage from APQS not sure of that cost though. 

let me know if you want to know anything else.

There are a few others who also have this set up and some also have IQ along with it as the carriage was needed to stabilise the IQ computer which added weight to the original carriage and lifted it up (this I believe was the reason that the carriage came into existence)  I don't use it with the IQ computer but its there for me ready when I am (if ever) to get an IQ system.

There are a couple of IQ reps here on the forum, Patty Butcher (Katydids) and Angela Huffmann.

Thanks Janette. I was trying to just find out about getting a replacement carriage from APQS, but they still haven't called back. 

Vickie, I just got your message. I'll try to call tomorrow after my class ends.

I'd love to have the Bliss option, but that's about $1000.00 I think. 

I hate to even have to buy the carriage since I just bought the machine, but I'm not sure how well it is going to work like it is.  I'm still waiting to get my table set up. Then I'll try it and see.

I have one that you can have for only what it would cost to ship it to you - seriously.

I bought the carriage with the edgeriders for my table - couldn't nor did i want to spend the money for the Bliss table. So i have this and it is just sitting in a box taking up space.

I have the I guess you call it standard table. You can email me a picture of your table and carriage so that I can make sure it's the right one.  I'm just glad that someone can use it.

Roseann.... Cool. I have the black metal table and there are four rollers for the table.  Here is a picture of the carriage I have.  Let me know how much money to send you.  I can send it by paypal if you have an account set up.

Thanks so much.  This is awesome.

Yep,

That's what I have that I'm not using anymore.  Send me your address privately and I'll get a price for UPS and let you know.

Here is my email address - send it to this as I can check it on my phone anytime. I don't get on here much anymore. I just happened to get on and see your post - lucky for us both!!

Thanks Janette. I was trying to just find out about getting a replacement carriage from APQS, but they still haven't called back. 

Vickie, I just got your message. I'll try to call tomorrow after my class ends.

I'd love to have the Bliss option, but that's about $1000.00 I think. 

I hate to even have to buy the carriage since I just bought the machine, but I'm not sure how well it is going to work like it is.  I'm still waiting to get my table set up. Then I'll try it and see.

Glad you are able to buy Roseanns old APQS carriage, just for the record though, for us Lenni owners to upgrade to bliss it is a whole $4000 as we need to buy a whole new table !!!!  which is why I don't have one !!!!

Archived