This one has no excuse but to be on me :(

So my top measured within 1/2" when I took the measurements, and I loaded the quilt, with some slightly saggy areas in a wide back but... nothing that seemed terrible.  Got to last turn, and... WHAT?? the bottom is now all wavy and out of square.  And I know it's *all my fault*. Except I don't know how it happened.

Going to go and hide in the corner now.

Quilting heavily in the top as you advance down the quilt without making sure that you are always bringing it out to the correct width measurement,  or making sure that each sashing as you go across is also straight.

Rather than waiting for the last turn to see if it is straight at the end, as I float my tops I am always looking at the top still to be quilted to make sure it is straight and square (as it hangs down the front of the table) before it even gets to the frame.

When I float my tops I put painters tape around my top roller at the edge of each side of the quilt and at any borders that I want to have stay straight.  Then as I advance I check to make sure the edges and borders all still line up in the same spots.  Sometimes I pin close to the roller before I quilt so that it stays in place too.  Hope that is clear and helps.  I've done what you said happened to you more than once.

Oh, Mandy!   you can't hide in the corner, your room is round!  :blink:

Thank Our Good Lord,  I've not had that problem that I've noticed.

I sure made  plenty of other goofs though.

think of funny things or endearing things your kids/families, friends have said

and done.  Or listen to an Oldie!!    Love olden times music, pre-1965, and a lot of gospel,

and it helps me frog lots in a much better mood.

Hugs

Rita

Archived