Upgrading Lenni

I may have asked this question before, but I can never really seem to get an answer, just more questions.

Is it possible to upgrade a Lenni with the vertical wheels to a horizontal wheel system? Would it move smoother than the original configuration?  How much would it cost to change the carriage and the table?  Would I be better off upgrading everything?  

Can't seem to convince hubby that this might be the best option so if I want to computerize in the future it would be ready to go.  He seems to trade tractors everytime they upgrade, but my equipment well.......

Hi Lynne

If yours is the Black table, then you would need to buy a whole new frame. It can be bought as a Standard frame or the Bliss Frame. The Standard frame has Horizontal wheels on the carriage and the table, whereas the Bliss frame has Horizontal wheels on the Carriage and a Ball bearing system on the table. The Bliss frame comes with everything you need, carriage rollers, new leaders, you even get a channel lock. It is not cheap, cost me getting on for £5000 by the time I paid for freight and custom fees here in the UK. Was it worth it, yes for me very much so. There is no comparison to the older frame. It is like a new machine on the Bliss frame. The US price I believe is $4000.

Would you be better off upgrading everything. I think I would have upgraded to the Lucy if I had not wanted to get the IQ. I could not have both, so I choose the IQ over the Lucy, and am very happy with my system. Mind on saying that if I had Lottery win ( I wish) I would have a Milli in a heart beat :)

I agree with Kath, I think it would be more cost effective to upgrade to a new system.  Contact a local rep. and talk about the options you have and the cost; then present those to Hubby.  You deserve to have your equipment upgraded as well.  I always look at it this way; "A Happy Wife makes  A Happy Husband"!!

Archived