Navy blue backing/beige on top

I am working on a multicolored quilt top with a navy blue backing. My navythread/navy bobbin is coming along great...but when I have to put beige on the top I can see "micro" dots of navy of the top. Not much, almost looks like shawdowing. But, is this acceptable? My tension looks nice and it is stitching very nicely, not laying on the top or the bottom...do I go on?

If I was doing this quilt, I would tighten my bobbin just a bit so that it would pull the beige thread toward the back more. So you get the dot on the backside rather than the front. Or better yet, use beige on the back!

Match your threads unless the customer absolutely said "No".

Patty

Anytime I'm working with a multi colored quilt top and it is something other than an ETE design I always match the top over the back and the bobbin thread is usually the same or so close the eye cannot tell the difference. I charge for multiple thread changes.

Anytime I am quilting an area that is white or cream say blocks I match my top and bottom.

I just received a Beautiful Hand appliqued quilt top mostly all cream background. The backing is a navy with small flowers. I will let my customer know about the heavy background filling and that I will match the thread for the TOP. This will mean cream/white thread heavily quilted on the back. She can deside if she wants a different back or won't mind. It is way too much trouble dealing with a Dark and a Light thread for customers. If I'm going to do that it will be on my quilt only. I hate popups front or back.

Archived