NQR AccuQuilt Studio & Go dyes.

I'm trying to find a bit of info.. about the adaptor set, that can be used with the Go dyes, on the Studio.

I've tried to order the adaptor set, and so far haven't been able, even phone call messages haven't been

returned from AccuQ.

What I have is the studio, two dye trays and cutting mats.. with two strip dyes..  Do I need to order special

boards to go under as well as on top of the dye's to use the Go?  Or can we just put a cutting board from the

Go, under the dye, with the plastic from Studio over the top?  

Does that make sense.. maybe I should be asking if it is really necessary to sandwich the Go dye between

two layers of the plastic from the adaptor kit?    The plastics I received with the Studio are just about the

same thickness as the Go mats.

Thanks for any help.. really it is appreciated!

Rita

This unit is SOO much Easier to turn with 10 layers than the Go is cutting just 4 layers.  Really a good turn of

events for me.. just have to humor the facet nerve that kicks up when I'm using it too much.

I'd recommend it in a minute.

LOLOL, anyone want to buy a hard to turn Go Cutter with a cog missing?    rofl... in my dreams I'd pass it up.

Hi Rita,

You need to order the Go adapters for the studio

Below is the links. There are two sizes. What you will need to use the Go dies in the Studio is

A studio cutting tray, you will already have them.

A Go adapter that matches the size of your Go die.

Your Go die

A Studio Cutting plastic that matches the size of your Go die

You use them in the order of Studio cutting tray, Go adapter, Go dies go on the top of the Go adapter, and then lastly the Studio plastic cutting mat.

You can't use the Go cutting mats with the Studio.

Hope this helps Rita ...........You will love the Studio it is so much easier than the Go and for me I think it is more accurate. Plus you can cut more fabric in one go. One die that is really great is the TAKE 5 die. Two passes and you can have twenty blocks cut out.

Have fun.

http://www.accuquilt.com/cutting-dies/go-die-adapters-for-studio/go-die-adapter-for-studio-10-x-24.html

http://www.accuquilt.com/cutting-dies/go-die-adapters-for-studio/go-die-adapter-for-studio-10-x-12.html

Kathy,  thank you so very much.    That does tell me what to do.

The other day, they did have a pack of all sizes of adaptors ( PLASTIC mats)  Not the adaptors.

.  I need to see if I can get into their site and see if it is still

available.   If it is and IF I can get in to place an order, I will get that one. 

My Go Dyes are all 2 sizes, the smaller square and the longboards, I think maybe 19-20", so the adaptors singly,

wouldn't be too pricy right now.

Thank you for the links, also.. and have a wonderful day.

God Bless..

Rita

I understand that you want to use your Go dies on the new Studio cutter but just a piece of advice… in the future, I'd recommend that any new dies you purchase should come from the Studio line.  I have cut both types on dies on my Studio cutter…the studio dies and the Go dies with the adapter set up.  The Studio dies are FAR superior…even with the adaptor pieces, the Go dies don't cut well…I wasted a lot of fabric that became scored or partially cut but not fully & cleanly cut.

Rita, Kath's info is spot on. I have and do use my Go! dies all the time with my Studio. The one thing you have to remember is that you can only cut a maximum of 6 layers of cotton fabric using the Go! dies. The Go! boards (dies) are not thick enough to have blades long enough to cut up to 10 layers as the Studio dies do. I very rarely cut the maximum number of layers and have no problems using my Go! dies with the adaptors cutting fabric. I love my AccuQuilt products!

Again, thanks for the info..   it all helps.   

I understood about the layers of fabric to cut, even on the studio with the Go Dies.. max 6 and we seldom cut more than 4 at a time.

I just have too many Go Dies to not keep and use..    Maybe Himself would use some of them

on the Go cutter.. I just can't turn the blooming thing.   It would depend on how desperate we

are to use that shape/size.   I'm hoping some of the gals from the guild would like quick and neigh perfect cuts, and be willing to pay

to have their fabric cut.

I know we will use it a lot, and as $$ and time permit, expand the boards a bit.

I saw a lot of you on various posts lately mention the Take 5.    Did one or two of you recommend the 5" strip?  Or.. am I imagining things?|

Have a wonderful evening, and blessed sleep..

Until tomorrow..

G'nite

Archived