Mid-Alantic Quilt Show

Just got back from the quilt show in Hampton, Va. There were some awesome quilts! I saw Myrna's quilt...it was super. It was fun. I will admit I came away with no fabric...just soy silk to spin.

The APQS booth was hopping every time I went by. I still played with the Liberty...what fun. It is a nice show.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

You know I just love to Google stuff. I gits lots of me learnin' n edjimication from doin' Googles. ;) I uses it fer spell checkin' unfermillier werds, too! Werks great! (and it helps me from soundin' like a big dummy sometimes)

Silliness aside, I typed in "soy silk" in the Google search box and of course, found lots of information on the subject. Here is what one link in the search said:

"....Soy Silk is an environmentally friendly fiber made from tofu manufacturing waste. Soy protein is liquefied and then extruded into long, continuous fibers that are then cut and processed like any other spinning fiber..."

Yes, I will spin it in to yarn (it feels like silk) and hopefully knit it some day...can't just have one hobby:P...I have to have a least 2...maybe 3...hmmm...LOL...we won't count the unfinished projects.

That would be wonderful if it was tasty food to hide in the sewing room...but chocolate is so much better:D:PLOL

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived