What is your favorite quilting magazine?

I want to update my previous post. The day I posted it I got my first copy of a Machine Quilting Unlimited and, as a newbie, found it quite interesting and helpful (well...maybe aspirational is a better word). I suspect as I gain skill and experience and themes recur I may no longer find it valuable, but at this point in my journey I think it will be a good learning tool. Thought this may be helpful to current and future newbies!

I used to subscribe to Fons & Porter.  I was very irritated to find a small clothing catalog in the center.  Certainly not what I was paying for.  My favorite is Primitive Quilts and Projects.  They have small projects, wool projects, quilts.  Love, love the magazine and wouldn't miss a issue.  One of my friends gets her magazine a day or two before I do and has to call me.  Ha, ha, I got mine first and then I have to ask what is in it.  It is very difficult to wait getting it, but so worth the wait.  Love it, love it.

Diana

Depends on what type of quilting we do, doesn't it?  Quilting Arts is a beautiful publication but I'm not really into 'Art' quilts.  Quilt LIfe is an attractive magazine but too much focus on quilting as a 'lifestyle'.  My current favorite is definitely Machine Quilting Unlimited…it has more information in each issue than any of the others.  At his point in my quilting life, I am not looking for basic patchwork or appliqué patterns from a magazine…have plenty of those in my head already from books or inspired by other art or quilts I've seen.  MQU has articles on quilting and long arm machines…it's more pertinent to me and my work than any of the others.  I have been a Quilters Newsletter subscriber for over 20 years but I'm just about ready to quit that one…its becoming just like the others with simplified patterns and not much to say.

Linda is right…most of what we want is available online… Pinterest is a HUGE source of inspiration for me.  Craftsy offers some great instruction.  As a competitive quilter, wish I could find a spot that tracks all the different quilt shows…entry deadlines, ship dates, show dates, return dates…that has become a part-time job for me!  Very complicated.

I forgot to mention one magazine I loved, and can no longer find in a magazine rack.  

It is Quilts and More.   Only found it 3 times and loved every issue.  It's been a

long time since I've seen one, and find myself automatically looking for it when I go

into the magazine area.

Rita

Archived