So Many New Members?

I noticed that we have several new members, and they all seem to have joined about the same time, meaning a couple days.

More new members than we normally have.

I also noticed that most don't reply

and there are a LOT of OLD posts being brought up by one in particular.

Perhaps some of them are spammers, and only  a couple honest quilters/members???

Just saying, and wondering.

Rita

Hi Rita,

You're right, even with a full-blown spam prevention program in place, a few squeeze through every once in a while.I am able to delete their posts and then block them from posting again. But if they attached their post to a topic that already exists, then that topic lives on the "newest posts" page until it gets bumped down by other posts again.

Thanks for diligently reporting any spam you do see on the forum!

I agree Joy T..  some are honest quilters, and some I'm sure are trying to figure out the forum and how it all works.

I didn't think I'd made the comment that the new folks were all included. 

As for what I said, it was  just the circumstances seemed to jump out and hit me that about 5 messages were months old, and very similar to one another

and posted one after the other.

Just too coincidental.

I meant NO insult or hurt towards any of the new honest quilters.. or those seeking to be.   I hope they ask questions about how to do what,

just like us "oldies" did. 

I do take offence to those who that think it's funny to be mean.

I had an avitar.. and a signature, at one time.    haven't felt like dealing with posting them again.. one day.  lol

Welcome to the forum and do ask questions about various things.

Quilting Heidi posted a wonderful message about posting picts from Flicker.  LOL, I've not managed that yet, either.  Am trying, but...

Rita

Rita

Joy,

To post an avatar, go to the top of the page where it shows you're logged in. Click on the drop down arrow next to your name and select "settings". There you'll see a place where you can change your photo. You'll be able to browse your computer to select a photo. You may need to re-size it on your computer before uploading it. If you're using a Windows-based tablet, look for a program that comes standard called "Picture Manager"--it will give you some simple editing tools.

As for posting photos, here are a few tips to try:

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/31407-posting-pics/?hl=%2Bposting+%2Bphotos#entry446963

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/30776-posting-photos-on-the-forum/?hl=photos

Joy, np at all,... and I didn't take it as 0ffensive,  or defensive.

just ask the gals how often I post something that means

one thing to them and not what I thought I said. 

So wasn't sure about what I'd said.   :)   ;)   Heaven only knows what

I could say.

We all have to learn.. and some of us (me) take longer than others... 

lol.

Rita.

Archived