Looking for a quilt pattern

Hi Connie. Do you mean you already have the blocks made and want to find a setting for them?

Or do you want a pattern that includes the embroidered blocks? Crabapple Hill is a great source for those types of patterns and looking on their site will show you lots of ways they have set both embroidered blocks and panels.

If you want something really easy for a setting and if all your blocks are the same size, make snowball blocks out of them. The blocks when sewn together will have an on-point square at the diagonals to the blocks. Use scrappy fabrics that go with the theme of the blocks and it will be very pretty. 

If that won't give you the size top you want, sashings with cornerstones is a great solution. Or auditioning alternate pieced blocks that compliment the embroidered blocks works great as well.

I would probably use all the same pattern for the alternate blocks instead of doing them sampler-style. If your alternate block has a four-patch built into each corner and you place it with the dark pieces in the four-patch on the diagonal facing out, you'll get a neat chain effect as the piecing flows from one pieced block to the next. I'll see if I can find a photo of what I mean.

I found this cute pieced sashing design on the Crabapple Hill site. It may not work for you, but it shows what a pieced sashing can do as well.

http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/gingerbread-square-block-of-the-month.html

Archived