Houston Quilt Show 2014

I know it's a way off at the minute but I wondered if anyone living out in the Katy area is planning to drive in to the show?  I live in the UK and have the possibility of staying with friends who live there.  It would be good to be able to car share and split costs.

Thanks

Chris

I went to Houston for the show with friends back in 2004.  We stayed out in Katy and rented a car.  Since we volunteered to work at the show each day, doing little things, we were given a pass for discount parking right in front of the center.  The commute in was very easy and we had no trouble doing it each day.  I hope you can find someone to share the ride with!

Katy is about 25-30 miles from Downtown Houston;  South Dallas is about 4 hours north of Houston. I live about 10 miles East of Katy and 20 Miles from Downtown.  Linda is right, if possible it is best to stay out west of Highway 6 West. Rooms are cheaper and the drive is nice.  Also right about the volunteering, you save $10 per day entry for 2 hours of work per day. 

If any one is interested there are a lot of ladies in the West Houston Quilt Guild that go daily.  Go to the website and post a note. 

I may go this year for a few days.  Keep in touch if anyone needs a ride. 

Archived