I'm really annoyed at me

A few months ago I  totally surprised myself to find I had attached my backing fabric to my zipper upside down. I thought I was way beyond that, heehee. It wasn't a big deal, it was a small backer and I had a chuckle on me. Fast forward, today I did the same thing with a huge back. I am so annoyed at me. It wouldn't be so bad but I have had new leaders and red snappers sitting here for at least 6 months. I have been apprehensive about the whole procedure but will surely have to get to it after this quilt is finished. Ugh.

Question, I have thought I would put zippers on new leader for my quilts so I could zip them on and off if need be, in between other quilts. For customer quilts I would use red snappers. Is this a good idea or not and where on the new leaders do I add zipper if I decide to go that way?

Thanks so much to APQS for this forum. A great place to see great quilts, share, learn and yes, rant!

Thanks in advance to all for listening and any help you can give. K

K, I had zippers on my machine and then purchased Red Snappers. I created new  - short leaders that had a zipper on one side to zip to the existing leader and then on the other side I sewed the casing that holds the Red Snapper core. My new leaders are maybe 6" wide finished. I can zip a quilt on and off if I choose to take more time quilting it; and I can zip on my Red Snapper leaders to do quilts I can finish quickly. I love having both options. I did buy a couple more sets of zippers.

14181692054_6743c7f275_s.jpg2014-05-13 19.08.47 by Callender Quilts, on Flickr

Sharon, Thank you! My husband is a woodworker so I commissioned him to make them for my Mille; and they fit a Freedom; not sure what other machines may come with the same size frame.  If you are interested he will craft them for $60 per set plus shipping from Nevada.

Archived