Can somebody please post pic's of swag borders?

I know I saw a quilt with swag borders on somebody's website yesterday, or this morning, but can't find it again to save my life! Could anyone who has pic's of quilt with swag borders please post pic's here or on the quilt pic's page? I want to get ideas for my church quilt. I love to get ideas from pictures, don't you? Thanks!

P.S. If you're the somebody, then I thank you, because your quilt is magnificent and very inspiring. Please post again!

Those are magnificent swags, Linda! But I am looking for the appliqued variety with the quilting to compliment or heighten etc. (yes, I've lost my mind!). But what an interesting color change, with and without flash. Wow, goes from burgundy to orange. I thought it was two quilts.

Thanks for that. I like how you did that. Very smooth and graceful. I love the curliques too!

Patty (Patch),

When you said "swag borders" do you mean you are looking for quilts that have the scalloped edges? If that's what you mean, let us know.

Or, are you looking for the borders found on the Baltimore album quilts (the applique swags)?

You can make scalloped edges by marking and cutting using a template (like a pie plate) For the binding you would have to cut the fabric on the bias so it fits smoothly around the curves.

That's it, the Baltimore quilts have them. I saw one the other day, but I didn't think it was Baltimore. Anyway, that's what I meant. Thanks for clearing me up again, Shana. :D You're the best.

Carol, that IS weird, but strange things have been happening with people's pictures on this site for a while now, so maybe it's not you. I'll see if your website has a pictures of what you wanted to show me, ok? Thanks!

Patty,

I wonder if you are thinking of the Feathered Star quilt at Heart to Hand? It would have been on your right side when we sat at the table and ate lunch. Done in Christmas colors on a cream background. Check the website www.hearttohandonline.com under hand qpplique class. I don't know if that'll be the right photo or not.

Beth

lrussel2, those are eye-poppin' beauties!! That gives me an idea, but I'll have to work on it a bit. Thanks!

More, anyone?! Pleeeeease! Pretty please with a cherry on top? Pretty pleasies with a strawberry on top! Anything with swags. Try and beat lrussel2's. Sure..... LOL! :D

Love the stitching on that Ms. Russel2. Hey Cathey, if you read this post, take a look at those leaves with the little curly hooks shown above. Those are similar to the ones Myrna taught me in class. I love how they meander across the quilt. Then see the lllll, eeee in the swag? Now you can apply what you practiced. That looks so pretty. Then use your channel lock to make the straight lines in the border, back tack when you get to the swag, move the needle to the other side of the swag, back tack and keep going to the edge. The linear nature of the channels are a nice contrast to the leaf and vine.

Hey Patty, still designing the church quilt? Swags would look really pretty and these are two toned. You're great at applique and could handle this time-consuming technique with ease.

Another source for swags is Sharon Schamber's Scarlet Serenade that won at Houston 2005. Her swags are around the outside edge of the quilt and have cording in loops. My friend showed me some photos of her latest competition quilt done in white with a large portion in dark purple with metallic gold thread, then some gold fabric too. It has an unusual edge treatment too where the swags are not uniform but sculpted like the back of an antique chair. She should win some awards with that one. Hope she enters it into the Arizona Quilt Guild Show which is about ten days away.

The simple stitched swags on Linda's orange quilt are very pretty and I'll have to do that on something soon. Thanks for the idea Linda.

Good luck with your project. Can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Vicki

Archived