Jacqueline de Jonge Curling Colors - quilting suggestions?

Okay, I'll try again ... having trouble posting question...

In the near future I'll be quilting the Jacqueline de Jonge Curling Colors quilt ... does anyone have any suggestions/ideas/input as to how to quilt this beautiful quilt?  I don't have a pic as it is still at the piecers; however, I googled it and the images that came up were of the original quilt so no real quilting ideas to be found.  

Thank you for your help.  I'm always inspired by the ideas that come from this forum.

It looks like the original quilt by the designer was quilted with echo quilting in the backgrounds and SID in the spike arc segments. While that treatment looks simple, we all know it's custom quilting, entailing precision stitching and maybe lots of thread color changes. If you go to her site, you can see detail shots of the quilting. I can't tell if the echo quilting is done by hand. She echoed the curves around the spike segments and where the curves met another set of echoes from an adjacent arc, she kept everything even and it looks like gentle waves meeting in the middle. Elaborate stitching of intricate designs won't make this one prettier---the focus is the piecing and fabric colors. Great quilt and her patterns are wonderful.

The echo quilted Curling Colors is the one that I've found, the original quilt.  I have found a different one ... shame there's only 2 to look at ... gives me pause if you know what I mean.  I have one idea but would sure like to see some other quilting of this beautiful quilt.  Might have to just go with what I've got.  Thanks to all.

Archived