Hartly Fence Installation

Hi all,

I have finally decided to learn to use my hartly fence but was wondering which side it actually goes on............I installed the bracket on the bottom of the head so it extends out the right side when standing in front of the machine............After reading the direction for the fence it looks like it ( the bracket) needed it to go out to the LEFT side of the machine when standing in front...........the side that the thread cutter is on..,,,

If that's the case, what a pain the the A- ss.....

Help! Thank you in advance.

Tish

Hi Tish,

Get ready to re-install:( The fence goes on the left when facing the machine. Remove your lexan top and then sit on the floor to change sides for the bracket. It shouldn't be too much trouble to change with the lexan removed.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Tish, Did you get your fence reinstalled.

When installing stand at the back it is much easier. You fence normally goes on the right side of your machine when at the back. The brake goes to the back of your fence. Very fast and easy. Patty told you how to change the bracket. Sometimes I might need to change it to the other side if I am working on a very large quilt to get to the side no problem. Give me a call if you have questions. I want you to know how to use your fence to it's full advantage. It's a good $ maker.

Myrna

Thankfull I came here and asked first!! DH had his own idea and it would have been messy for sure! Thanks Patty, I had forgotten that those sheets were so easy to move. Got it installed in only minutes!

I need to do a whole quilt in X-hatching and I've not done that yet ( only small sections ) so I fugured I had better get this going and learn the tools I already have.

Myrna & Amanda, I don't have the work book yet for the Hartly fence. I didn't think I would be using the fence and had been looking at different gagets..........wow on the cost of things....

Thanks for the help..................I'm gonna need the book now..:)

Myrna, I will ring you if I get stumped! Thank you for offering!!:P:P

tish

Hi Tish-

The Fence is an awesome tool. Once you get it up and running, the possibilities are endless. I'm just learning how to use mine, but I really like the results. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy. And the results are awesome.

I agree with Manda. If you don't have Myrna's workbook, Get it. It really helped me. And I hear Myrna has a DVD coming out Early April on the Fence. ( Sign me up for a copy Myrna!:))

Have fun with it Tish. Once you get the hang of it, you're gonna love it!

Laura

Archived