LOOKING FOR---back issue of Fons and Porter

Does anyone have the back issue of Fons and Porter, I believe it was the July-Aug 2006 issue; it was the issue that had log cabin designs listed on the front cover. I am trying to find a copy for my 80 year old mom, some one "borrowed hers" but swears they didn't. She had started a quilt that was in it but can't remember the layout. I have tried every one I can think of but she says they are not quite right. Checked their web sight but its not available any more---and the copy she had was mine originally. Does anyone have a copy I can get.... I am willing to pay your cost for it------email me at housenextdoor@msn.com THANKS

Well ---it appears I asked for help at the right place, all of you are looking through you magazine stash---and as I am now corrected it seems that the year was 2004--but not available at Fons & Porter called them -thanks for all your help.:)

Hi Housenextdoor,

If you or Mom are subscribers to Fons & Porter, you can go to their web-site and register (free). They have a page which shows the front cover of previous issues back to March/April 1996. You can order these back issues if they are not sold out. Check it out:

Click here to go to Fons & Porter website back issues website

Well, if you can't find the magazine or a book of log cabin layouts, this star pattern is one I like. Found it in a book and thought I had all the blocks stacked just right, but when I laid it out, I couldn't remember which way it went. After hours of searching the internet I finally found the original layout. It can be really frustrating to lose your directions. I can sympathize with your mom. Mine is 80 also and still quilting. Aren't we lucky?

Vicki

post--13461897941033_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Looking for patterns out of F & P back issues of Sept/Oct

2004- Wonky Jacks.

Also back issue of Sept/Oct. 2005- Witches Workshop.

Will be glad to pay anyone for making me copies of these

patterns and postage. Or if anyone would like to sell me these copies, I'm interested. I am attempting to work on some Halloween projects. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Pam J

A lot of the back issues are available at Fons and Porter you might check there

http://www.fonsandporter.com//aspx/FonsandPorter/fp/ourmagazine/backissues.aspx

it says if they are still available or maybe you can print just that article, i am not sure... If you can't find it send me an email quiltdome@yahoo.com as I probably have both of them on my bookcase shelves in my sewing room. D

Archived