Oriental Shadow Box quilt finished

Yay!  Another one!  I finished this top back in 2012 and now it's quilted.  I used the Ribbons CL board again (isn't it just the most perfect board?) with gold Glide thread on the top and black on the back.  The fabrics are oriental themed fabrics with a lot of metallic running through them.  Very rich looking in person.  My husband even commented on how pretty he thinks this one is.  Especially the cranes on the back.  I've got another one ready for the frame tomorrow if I can keep up my momentum and my allergy medicine holds up. 

post-4696-0-70252400-1413158266_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-04074900-1413158274_thumb.jpg

Terry, it's called Shadow Box...lol.  It's so simple and goes together very well.  Really showcases pretty fabrics.  I have another one done I want to get quilted tomorrow.

Missouri Star Quilts just did a video on a quilt done very similar.  I like the position of my strips better than how she put them, but both look good.  My blocks were 5.5" x 9" and 5.5" x 20.5" and the light and dark strips were 2" (I think).

http://land.missouriquiltco.com/illusion-block/

post-4696-0-96662000-1413162983_thumb.jpg

I've made this one a couple of times.  Really FAST!  I cut it out on Saturday and donated it to my church on Monday - completely DONE!!!  I'll try to post a picture.  I haven't ever tried that, but it's hanging in the back of church now for the raffle, so it would be easy to at least TAKE the picture.  It's all fall colors and completely from my stash. 

Archived