dreadful dinosaur quilt finished- pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/15785994489/

Here are pictures of the quilt that took me two entire weeks to do.  It is entirely my fault.  I stitched it all together the first time with iron on stabilizer on top, but when I tried to rip that off it took about half my stitches.  I unstitched the entire quilt, pressed it and reloaded it.   Then I drew the designs onto a more lightweight tear away stabilizer and quilted it again.  The paper tore off a little better this time, but left behind milliions of tiny paper bits.  I have spent the last 4 days with tweezers and a straight pin, picking away paper bits.  I imagine there are still a few, but I will send her a note explaining that the rest should dissolve the first time she washes and dries it. 

If it had been my own quilt I would have drawn the designs onto water soluble stabilizer, then soaked it to remove the paper.

I hope she likes it. It goes in the mail tomorrow so she will have it to finish for Christmas.

I do that to myself all the time.  I have a real gift for making simple things hard and eating up huge amounts of time in the process.  I definitely feel your pain, and I really wish I could say I will never do it again, but that is what I said last time....

Carol

Archived