Quiltazoid Question

I have the Quiltazoid and am wondering if the CircleLord boards will fit it - like the Egyptian Eye?  If so, do I just need the basic Quiltazoid to have this work?   I've only used it one time with my Millie to do a couple of circles so I'm a real newbie to using it and knowing how it works.   Also, if anyone has boards for sale I'd be interested in knowing which ones and price.   TIA

You need a rear stylus to use the Eqyptian Eye boards from the rear.  The QZ stylus works acceptably on the CL boards even though the groove in CL boards is a bit wider than others.  I leave my CL stylus in place all the time.  It has a bracket for my laser and I have purchased the thinner diameter stylus from Michael so I can use my QZ and R&S boards with the CL bracket.  Hope this helps!

Mercedes:  I don't know about the Circle Lord, but I do know about the R & S boards.  I just had Ron at R & S make me up a custom board of my own design.  I had him put the design on one of his long boards, which I intended to use for border patterns.  When it was delivered last week, I drilled it to screw to my Quiltazoid, and used it on a quilt I just finished.  

The R & S boards don't come drilled for the Quiltazoid, but I know several folks here on the forum simply clamp them to the Quiltazoid base.  R & S has a lot of pattern boards on their web site, check them out.  They are really quite inexpensive. less than half what Quiltazoid charged.  I'm quite pleased with the quality, and their service couldn't be better.  All you need is the basic Quiltazoid base.  I had to make a longer arm for my Quiltazoid to be able to reach the far end of the the long board.  I could have reduced the number of pattern repeats without the extension, but I wanted to use the whole length horizontally.  Vertically I could only use 2 pattern repeats because of my Ult2's arm length.  But I did both side borders without turning the quilt.  Unless you want to "fiddle" with things like I did, I would recommend that you only get the smaller pattern boards.   Jim  BTW, I love my Quiltazoid, and use it a lot.

Archived