Need instructions for Quiltazoid 1/4 crosshatch template

Years ago I purchased the Quiltazoid however after looking through the workbook I don't have the instructions for the 1/4" crosshatch template.  If anyone could send me these instructions I would very much appreciate it.  You can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.   Thanks..

They didn't come with instructions.  You put your needle down on the quilt where you want to start.  Place the stylus in the groove on the board and lock the quiltazoid.  Then tighten the screws on the stylus. Pull your thread to the top and lock it.  Then you're ready to use.  Sometimes I find, after locking the screws, those black knobs, and lift up my needle, the needle is a little off of where I want to start.  If that happens, I start over again.  Hope this helps you.

Mercedes:  Like Libby said, they didn't come with instructions.  In order to continue a line, put your needle down, remove the stylus tom the template, roll the quilt, then put the stylus in one of the lines and continue stitching.  If you have more than one line of stitching to do, you'll have to end the stitching, and start it up again.  It's important that you don't rotate the Quiltazoid until you completed the lines in one direction.  When you're ready to stitch the other set of lines, you rotate the template 180 degrees and stitch them out.  If you need to move the Quiltazoid to enable the pattern, either put your needle down where you want to begin or use your channel locks to the lock the machine in place before you move the Quiltazoid, then line it up with the stylus before you clamp it down.

The 180 degree rotation is for right angle hatch work.  I think you can rotate it a different amount and effect the shape of the cross hatch.  I haven't done that, so I'm not sure.  You'd have to experiment to master that technique.  Good luck.  Jim

Can you tell me how you lineup the template if your crosshatching is longer then the board?   Thanks!

Mercedes when I have to quilt further than the board will allow then I would quilt to where I can and stop with needle down.  Then lift up the stylus and move the arm to a new position on the board so you can continue.  Put the stylus down and then lock the arm.  Now finish stitching.  I hope that makes sense.

Archived