snowboarding design

You could also simply search the internet for a snowboarding pictures you like.  Then print the picture you like on the printer.  Remove the upper and lower thread from you machine, and quilt the lines of the picture.  Then pounce the design onto your quilt.  Follow the lines, and then embellish the inside as you see fit.  

I did exactly that on my DSM sewing machine for a quilt for my brother-in-law that fishes, and that has a fly tying business .  Each of the 25 different blocks had a different fish or fishing designs.  I used detailed drawings and simply coloring book drawings for the primary design, and then filled in the overall picture with all sorts of different techniques; circle, lines, swirls, etc.  It took me about 45 minutes to do each block as I quilted it rather heavily.  I put my time and love into it, and he seemed to appreciate it.  Use matching thread if your concerned about how your design will look, so that you have to more closely view the quilt to see the actual quilting.   It will hide those little errors that only the quilter will see anyway.

Good luck with your quilt.

Cagey

Archived